A unique feature of the Snow theme is the split navigation layout. Current page and ancestor page links are always displayed on the left, giving a clear indication of what page a user is presently on. This innovative setup merges navigation and breadcrumb functionality together. Options exist to customise the body background and header container.
A FreeStyle banner container at the top can accommodate static images, slideshows or even video. You can choose between either a simple split or block navigation layout in the theme settings. It should also be pointed out that Snow is a fully responsive RapidWeaver theme, and incorporates RAFT (responsive adaptive framework for themes), meaning that the theme works flawlessly on mobile and tablet devices. The theme colour scheme and font styling has been carefully engineered to give pages a balanced appearance.
Beyond the basics, Snow includes the complete Bootstrap toolkit; providing many additional styling and layout options for your content. The Font Awesome library is also included, which gives you immediate access to over 300 vector icons (which are retina-display compatible).
- Various split-navigation layout options
- Wide range of font face options
- FreeStyle banner container for unlimited numbers of images
- ExtraContent containers in 'useful' parts of the page
- Float the sidebar container left or right and change its width
- Broad range of theme colour settings, covering just about everything on screen
- Several fixed and variable width theme settings
- Extended photo album and movie album style and colour settings
- Fully compatible with RapidWeaver MultiTool (lite and pro versions)
- Several miscellaneous theme style settings
Snow is currently supplied with a 15% discount code for the latest version of WeaverPix. If you require help with purchasing Snow, please click onto the support page and click the 'purchasing help' tab for more information.
Updates for the Snow RapidWeaver theme are free for all existing users. Theme updates are periodically released to introduce new features and maintain compatibility with the latest RapidWeaver addons and web browsers. You can tell if an update is available for Snow, by comparing the number shown next to the theme name in the RapidWeaver theme panel, compared with the version number shown on the right.
Generally theme updates are not sent out automatically, because previously it was found many of the emails went missing in junk or spam mail filters. Instead you're invited to check for Snow updates yourself, and download them at a time convenient to you. Updates also get publicised via the RapidWeaver Addon website, the RapidWeaver Central newsletter and the free iCentral app.
Theme updates can be obtained using the original download link, emailed to you when you purchased Snow. If you no longer have this download link or you require an expired link to be reactivated, please send a quick email, and include the following information:
- Name and version of the theme you need an update for (in this case say that you need Snow 2.3)
- The name and email address used when you purchased the theme
- The purchase method used (was it purchased through the website or as a direct order?)
- Any other useful information like the date, or invoice number
Once your purchase details have been located, you'll be sent a new download link. Theme updates are recognised in RapidWeaver as new themes, so multiple versions of the same theme can be safely installed alongside each other. This means you can selectively update certain projects to use newer themes, and any customisations you've applied like custom code or images don't get deleted. For more information on updating themes, please see the theme user guide.