For end users, Monsoon presents a simplistic 2-column page layout with an easy split navigation menu. The theme uses valid HTML5 source code and performs brilliantly on iOS devices, together with all major web browsers as far back as IE6.
- A solid, general purpose RapidWeaver theme with a minimalist style
- Easy split-navigation layout with a choice of one or two horizontal navigation bars
- Bold header container suitable for static images, slideshows and Flash
- Built-in support for SS3 slideshows in the header region
- Attractive title and sidebar block container, with background and position options
- Several logo placement and positioning settings available in the theme
- Options to change text font faces, text size and line height
- Vast range of theme colour pickers to change just about everything you see
- Five Extra Content containers throughout the page design
- Excellent compatibility with all major web browsers as far back as IE6
- Customise the body background with a pattern, gradient or custom images
Updates for the Monsoon RapidWeaver theme are free for all existing users. Theme updates are periodically released to introduce new features and maintain compatibility with the latest RapidWeaver addons and and web browsers. You can tell if an update is available for Monsoon, by comparing the number shown next to the theme name in RapidWeaver, compared with the version number shown on the right. Generally theme updates are not sent out automatically, because previously it was found many of the emails went missing in junk or spam mail filters. Instead you are invited to check for Monsoon updates yourself, and download them at a time convenient to you. Updates also get publicised via the RapidWeaver Addon website, the RapidWeaver Central newsletter and the free iCentral app.
Theme updates can be obtained using the original download link, emailed to you when you purchased Monsoon. If you no longer have this download link or you require an expired link to be reactivated, please send a quick email, and include the following information:
- Name of the theme you need an update for (in this case say that you need an update for Monsoon)
- The name and email address used when you purchased the theme
- The purchase method used (was it purchased through the website or as a direct order?)
- Any other useful information like the date, or invoice number
Once your purchase details have been located, you will be sent a new download link. Theme updates are recognised in RapidWeaver as new themes, so multiple versions of the same theme can be safely installed alongside each other. This means you can selectively update certain projects to use newer themes, and any customisations you've applied like custom code or images don't get deleted. For more information on updating themes, please see the theme user guide.